INDEPENDENT LAB SPF TEST RESULTS FOR SPF 31. Kabana is the only manufacturer on Earth that publishes our OTC SPF testing data for your security and peace of mind!
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 Tinted Bronze is healthy, highly effective and safe for children and adults of all ages.
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 Tinted Bronze is free of common allergens. It’s soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free and vegan. Please see the Ingredients tab above for a complete list of ingredient in the product.
This formula has all the benefits of Green Screen Original SPF 32, but is tinted to blend with skin tones and is excellent for facial use. This Bronze color has a deeper tan skin tone as was requested by our customers who have a darker more yellow skin color. Bronze is great for Mediterranean complexions that tan easily. It provides excellent Broad Spectrum protection.
Click here to view and compare our Green Screen tint options.
- Bronze tone created by the mineral cosmetic pigment iron oxide blends with skin tones. Iron Oxide is the same biomineral that makes blood look red.
- Excellent for facial use and may be applied to reduce blemishes and blend sunspots
- Healthy – non-nano, not-micronized Zinc Oxide as its sole active ingredient; Zinc Oxide the only sunscreen active ingredient FDA-approved for children under 6 months of age.
- Safe – contains simply nine edible-grade, 86% certified organic ingredients and is completely petrochemical-free
- Effective – provides 97%+ broad spectrum UV absorption across the entire UVA & UVB spectrum
- Unique formula – soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free and vegan
- Fragrance-free & non-comedogenic
- Ecosystem approved – biodegradable formula is safe for reefs and the aquatic environment & packaged in 100% recyclable tubes
- Cruelty-free – never tested on animals – only tested on humans per 2011 FDA OTC Sunscreen Monograph regulations
- Dermatologist recommended
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 is easy to apply at all temperatures and blends with skin tones, eliminating the cool chalkiness that mineral sunscreens may impart.
The average individual particle size of the Zinc Oxide USP we use is 0.260 micron (260nm) with Standard Deviation of 0.012 micron (12nm). This means that there are statistically zero particles smaller than 100nm, the cutoff for the nano classification. Most nano sunscreens on the market have particle sizes in the range of 10-20nm.
*Please note: this is a mineral cosmetic formula that may stain clothing.
The Complete List of Ingredients in Green Screen SPF 31 Formulas
- 25% non-nano Zinc Oxide
- Eldorado Springs Artesian Water
- Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Organic Shea Butter
- Vegetable Vitamin E (non-gmo from sunflower seeds)
- Vegetable Emulsifying Wax NF (cetearyl alcohol & polysorbate 60 from COCONUT!!)
- Iron Oxides
Green Screen is an effective, healthy and safe sunscreen for your entire family. You can use it daily and be confident that it’s free of harmful petrochemicals that are known to bioaccumulate.
Zinc oxide is a better sunscreen active ingredient than titanium dioxide and the only one Kabana uses for the following reasons:
- Zinc oxide the most effective UV absorber across the entire UVA and UVB spectrum.
- Zinc oxide is made from the critical mineral nutrient zinc whereas titanium is a metal that has no biological use in our bodies and poorly defined long term exposure risks. You will find zinc in your multivitamin if you take one, but certainly not titanium.
- Zinc oxide holds tight to its electrons when it absorbs UV energy and limits the creation of free radicals that do damage to your cells and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Zinc oxide is the sole sunscreen active ingredient approved for use on children by FDA
The zinc oxide Kabana uses is non-nano, and not-micronized; there are zero zinc oxide nanoparticles in our formulas.
I received my order (Tinted Green Screen) very quickly as promised and have only had the opportunity to use it twice now, but I can tell you already, it is the best natural sunscreen I've ever used. It goes on comfortably (not sticky!), blends beautifully, and doesn't clog my pores the way others often do (I'm able to tell how my skin is going to respond very quickly). I can completely replace my moisturizer when I use this product, and I believe the zinc oxide will not only protect my skin from the sun, but also help improve my skin issues. I'm so glad I found your website! Thanks so much for being a company who truly looks after its customers... even with something as simple as your honest and fair shipping practices. BTW, your customer service is amazing. :) I will definitely be a repeat customer, and will spread this amazing find to my friends and family.
T.J., Comfrey, MN
Green Screen sunscreen is truly an answer to my prayers! I give it FIVE STARS all the way! Here in Hawaii I have been searching for a natural sunscreen that doesn't look ghostly white, and have settled on Green Screen Bronze tint as the best possible product. I wear it as a light make-up foundation on my face while I teach college on the morning and then go to the beach to swim or paddle right afterwards. Even in our powerful Hawaii tropical sun I do not get sunburned even 4 hours mid-day exposure on the water.
I also have a mild case of vitiligo (de-pigmentation) on my arms and hands, and Green Screen bronze tint covers that beautifully while also providing very good sun protection at the same time.
I am so glad that I have found this product and have told many people about it. Sometimes I read the ingredients over again and think to myself, "This is so great. Why would anybody use anything else?"
Betsy, Captain Cook, HI
WOW, this product is amazing!!! I use the bronze tint as an every day makeup. It's that good. I know that zinc clears up pimples but this has made my sensitive, almost 50yr old skin look wonderful. I found out I'm allergic to dimethicone which is in everything. I threw out my very expensive foundation and use just this with a little mineral powder if needed. I bought the tinted shade so I can cover up imperfections or redness. Great for the beach and no dangerous chemicals ;-) love love love this product.
MJ, New Jersey
I just wanted to let you know how much I love your tinted sunscreen. I have Rosacea and don't like wearing a lot of "stuff " on my face. I live in Massachusetts and take full advantage of the days when I can get outside and work in the yard. Your sunscreen not only calms my skin but holds up in the heat! I don't feel "made up" because my skin looks so natural.
Thank you again for your wonderful product!
Paula S, MA