INDEPENDENT LAB SPF TEST RESULTS FOR SPF 31! Kabana is the only manufacturer on Earth that publishes our OTC SPF testing data for your security and peace of mind!
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 Tinted Nude is healthy, highly effective and safe for children and adults of all ages. If you’ve previously purchased the tinted formula, Nude is the original tinted version of Green Screen. Nude has a pinkish-beige undertone and is great for Caucasian skin tones. It provides excellent Broad Spectrum protection.
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 Tinted Nude is free of common allergens. It’s soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free and vegan. If you need soy-free in addition, our Green Screen D SPF 35 formula is the product for you. Please see the Ingredients tab above for a complete list of ingredient in the product.
This formula has all the benefits of Green Screen Original SPF 32, but is tinted to blend with skin tones and is excellent for facial use. If you’ve ordered our tinted Green Screen prior to April 10, 2012, Nude is the formula you purchased. We now have four tint options. View the color swatch to compare them.
- Warm beige tone created by the mineral cosmetic pigment iron oxide blends with skin tones. Iron Oxide is the same biomineral that makes blood look red.
- Excellent for facial use and may be applied to reduce blemishes and blend sunspots
- Healthy – non-nano, not-micronized Zinc Oxide as its sole active ingredient; Zinc Oxide the only sunscreen active ingredient FDA-approved for children under 6 months of age.
- Safe – contains simply nine edible-grade, 86% certified organic ingredients and is completely petrochemical-free
- Effective – provides 95% UV absorption across the entire UVA & UVB spectrum
- Unique formula – soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free and vegan
- Fragrance-free & non-comedogenic
- Ecosystem approved – biodegradable formula is safe for reefs and the aquatic environment & packaged in 100% recyclable tubes
- Cruelty-free – never tested on animals – only tested on humans per FDA OTC Sunscreen Monograph regulations
- Dermatologist recommended
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 formulas are easy to apply at all temperatures and blend with skin tones, eliminating the cool chalkiness that mineral sunscreens may impart.
The average individual particle size of the Zinc Oxide USP we use is 0.260 micron (260nm) with Standard Deviation of 0.012 micron (12nm). This means that there are statistically zero particles smaller than 100nm, the cutoff for the nano classification. Most nano sunscreens on the market have particle sizes in the range of 10-20nm.
*Please note: this is a mineral cosmetic formula that may stain clothing.
The Complete List of Ingredients in Green Screen SPF 31 Formulas
- 25% non-nano Zinc Oxide
- Eldorado Springs Artesian Water
- Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Organic Shea Butter
- Vegetable Emulsifying Wax NF (cetearyl alcohol & polysorbate 60 from COCONUT!!)
- Vegetable Vitamin E (non-gmo from sunflower seeds)
- Iron Oxides
Green Screen is an effective, healthy and safe sunscreen for your entire family. You can use it daily and be confident that it’s free of harmful petrochemicals that are known to bioaccumulate.
Zinc oxide is a better sunscreen active ingredient than titanium dioxide and the only one Kabana uses for the following reasons:
- Zinc oxide the most effective UV absorber across the entire UVA and UVB spectrum.
- Zinc oxide is made from the critical mineral nutrient zinc whereas titanium is a metal that has no biological use in our bodies and poorly defined long term exposure risks. You will find zinc in your multivitamin if you take one, but certainly not titanium.
- Zinc oxide holds tight to its electrons when it absorbs UV energy and limits the creation of free radicals that do damage to your cells and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Zinc oxide is the sole sunscreen active ingredient approved for use on children by FDA
The zinc oxide Kabana uses is non-nano, and not-micronized; there are zero zinc oxide nanoparticles in our formulas.
I received my order (Tinted Green Screen) very quickly as promised and have only had the opportunity to use it twice now, but I can tell you already, it is the best natural sunscreen I've ever used. It goes on comfortably (not sticky!), blends beautifully, and doesn't clog my pores the way others often do (I'm able to tell how my skin is going to respond very quickly). I can completely replace my moisturizer when I use this product, and I believe the zinc oxide will not only protect my skin from the sun, but also help improve my skin issues. I'm so glad I found your website! Thanks so much for being a company who truly looks after its customers... even with something as simple as your honest and fair shipping practices. BTW, your customer service is amazing. :) I will definitely be a repeat customer, and will spread this amazing find to my friends and family.
T.J., Comfrey, MN
I just wanted to leave a comment on how well your sunscreens work, look and feel on the skin. I'm using your nude tinted green screen in the photo and I love how it blends with my skin. It doesn't make it glossy or break out, it isn't sticky. It doesn't have any smell or make my skin smell like oils or anything! I have used many other completely natural sunscreens and have even tried making my own because of the dissatisfaction with what's out there. Your product is is a good as it gets! Thank you for sticking with all natural non nano particles and offering a superior sunscreen! I've passed on your website and to friends and family, and some have already ordered your sunscreen as well. Thanks!
Thank you for producing the best sunscreen I have ever used. I have used this daily on my face for years and it is fantastic.
Angela S. Shropshire, UK